Last updated on May 25th, 2023
Need a few new ideas for fish recipes for Lent? These 31 delicious pescatarian dishes range from fried to baked and everything in between.
The custom of abstaining from eating meat during Lent dates back to the second century. Catholics are expected to abstain from eating the meat of a warm blooded animal, such as beef, pork or chicken, beginning on Ash Wednesday and then each Friday during Lent, concluding on Good Friday.
Since fish are cold blooded, many Catholics have adopted the tradition of “Fish Friday.” But even after Lent is over, adding more fish to your diet is a wonderful way to add more nutrients and healthy protein to your diet. While fried certainly is delicious, it’s not the only method for preparing fish. Dive fin first into the delicious world of fish with these tasty fish recipes from myself and other bloggers.
This Southern fried catfish recipe only requires a few ingredients but produces crispy, crunchy, tasty results. Serve hot with hush puppies or fries.
- Blackened Catfish with Creole Sauce
- Cornbread And Shrimp Stuffed Catfish Fillets
- Sauteed Catfish Fillet With Creole Mustard Sauce
Cod or White Fish
- Crispy Lemon Baked Fish With Parmesan Fries from I Heart Naptime
- Italian Cod Recipe with Tomatoes from She Loves Biscotti
- Lemon Baked Cod with Parmesan and Vegetables from The Suburban Soap Box
- One-Pan Cod with Chorizo and Chickpeas from Supergolden Bakes
Healthy baked teriyaki salmon is quick, easy and delicious. Salmon filets are marinated in a flavorful spicy homemade chili garlic infused teriyaki sauce.
- Baked Teriyaki Salmon
- Chipotle Honey Glazed Salmon from Swirls of Flavor
- Maple Glazed Salmon from Grandbaby Cakes
- Pan Seared Salmon With Bacon-Molasses Vinaigrette
- Slow Roasted Balsamic Glazed Salmon from Smack of Flavor
This easy shrimp scampi recipe with fettuccine is a one skillet weeknight meal that’s ready in under 10-minutes. Served with a buttery garlic sauce.
- 10-Minute Easy Shrimp Scampi
- Cajun Shrimp & Vegetable Tin Foil Packets from Nourish Nutrition Blog
- Confetti Shrimp from What a Girl Eats
- Greek Shrimp Skillet from Running to the Kitchen
- Seafood Shrimp Gumbo
- Shrimp Bisque With Spicy Croutons
- Shrimp and Crawfish Étouffée
- Shrimp and Grits
- Spicy Grilled Shrimp On Polenta
If you’re tired of the same old frozen fish sticks and are ready to up your seafood dinner game, then try your hand at this oven baked Mahi Mahi.
- Mahi Mahi Burgers with Chipotle Mayo & Cabbage Slaw from Eating the Gains
- Oven Baked Mahi Mahi from Wanderlust and Wellness
- Pan-Seared Mahi-Mahi with Pineapple Salsa from The Rising Spoon