Spiced peach jello salad recipe is made with peaches, cinnamon, and cloves – it’s spicy and juicy, and fruity like a peach pie in jello form.
You don’t think less of me for posting a recipe about Jello salad, do you? Growing up, we always had a Jello salad on the table during the holidays. But I feel like Jello salad has gone the route of green bean casserole, cranberry sauce in a can, and fruit cake. It’s one of those tradition dishes that we make every year but that nobody wants to admit they actually like. It has become the butt of many a holiday joke.
How to Make Spiced Peach Jello Salad
Step one. Drain a one pound can of peaches, but reserve the juice. You’ll use it later. Chop the peaches and set aside.
Step two. Add enough water to the reserved peach syrup to make 3/4 cup. Pour the syrup into a medium saucepan and add some white vinegar, sugar, whole cloves and ground cinnamon.
Bring everything to a boil, then reduce the heat to a simmer. Add the diced peaches and simmer for another 10 minutes.
Step three. Strain the pan. Reserve the peaches and the juice, but pick out the whole cloves (they aren’t too yummy if you bite into one of those).
Step four. Add enough cold water to the strained syrup to make one cup. Add the peach gelatin to the syrup and stir until the gelatin is completely dissolved.
Add the cold water to the gelatin. Pour the gelatin mixture and reserved peaches into a mold or individual serving dishes. Chill the jello salad overnight. Serve with whipped cream on top.
I’m stepping out of the shadows and letting the world know that I personally love Jello salad. This recipe is one of my favorites. Peaches, cinnamon, cloves – it’s so spicy and juicy, and fruity. It tastes like peach pie in jello form.
More Salad Recipes:
Spiced Peach Jello Salad
- 1 1 lb can peaches in light syrup, drained, syrup reserved
- 1/4 cup white vinegar
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 12 whole cloves
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 3 ounce package peach flavored gelatin
- 3/4 cup cold water
- Coarsely chop peaches. Set aside.
- Add enough water to reserved syrup to make ¾ cup. Pour syrup into a medium saucepan. Add vinegar, sugar and spices. Bring mixture to a boil and then reduce the heat to a simmer. Add peaches and continue to simmer for 10 minutes.
- Strain syrup. Reserve peaches but pick out and discard cloves Add enough cold water to syrup mixture to make 1 cup. Add gelatin to syrup and stir until gelatin is dissolved.
- Add cold water. Pour gelatin mixture and reserved peaches into a mold. Place in the refrigerator and chill overnight.