Gooey broccoli artichoke dip recipe is loaded with broccoli, artichokes, and three different types of cheese.
Beware of this dip. It has been known to magically disappear somewhere between the beginning of the first quarter and half time.
Broccoli artichoke dip is yummy like traditional spinach-artichoke dip. However, instead of spinach I used broccoli. I’m not saying that makes this any healthier, because it’s still loaded with three different types of cheese. But it does give it a different flavor.
How to Make Broccoli Artichoke Dip
First things first, preheat the oven to 375 degrees.
While it’s heating, combine Parmesan cheese, a clove of garlic, a package of frozen broccoli florets (thaw it first), a can of artichoke hearts and a container of soft garlic-chive cream cheese (like Boursin) into a food processor. Pulse the ingredients until the broccoli and the artichoke hearts are chopped but still chunky. Add two large eggs and give the food processor a whir again until the eggs are incorporated.
Dump everything into a mixing bowl. Then add 1 cup of shredded mozzarella cheese. If you like a little kick, sprinkle in some red pepper flakes. Once everything is well combined, spread it into the bottom of a square 8″ x 8″ baking dish. Top with an additional 1/2 cup of shredded mozzarella.
This dip is great for a party because it is easy to assemble and can be made a couple days in advance and stored in the refrigerator. When you do get ready to serve, bake it for about 20 minutes until the dip is bubbly and the cheese has started to brown.
Serve with pita, crostini, or any thick cracker or chip.
You Might Also Like:
Broccoli Artichoke Dip
- 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese
- 1 clove garlic minced
- 1 (10 ounce) package frozen chopped broccoli, thawed and drained
- 1 (14 ounce) can artichoke hearts, drained
- 1 (8 ounce) container soft garlic-chive cream cheese
- 2 large eggs
- 1-1/2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese divided
- Red pepper flakes to taste
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Mix first five ingredients in the bowl of a food processor. Pulse until broccoli and artichoke hearts are coarsely chopped and evenly mixed with the cheese.
- Add eggs and continue to mix until eggs are well-incorporated.
- Transfer mixture to a medium mixing bowl. Mix in 1 cup of the mozzarella and red pepper flakes, if desired.
- Transfer mixture to an 8 x 8 x 2 inch baking dish. Sprinkle remaining mozzarella cheese over the top.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes until dip is hot and bubbly and the top starts to turn golden brown.