Last updated on March 30th, 2023
Is your garden producing a bounty of fresh tomatoes this summer? Check out these unique fresh tomato recipes for delicious ideas on how to use them.
Every spring, The Husband and I anticipate planting a summer garden. He works tirelessly to clean out the remnants of last year’s garden from our raised beds. He spreads out compost, fertilizer, newspaper for week control, then covers everything with pine straw.
I get the easy job, so to speak. I get to plan and then plant. I’m in charge of watering and weed pulling. I don’t mind, it gives me a few quiet moments outside away from the chaos to little boys can bring.
We always get so excited when the first tomatoes start to appear. The wait for them to turn red is AGONIZING. Our mouths are watering with daydreams of bacon and tomato sandwiches made with tomatoes picked straight from the vine.
But … after while there are only so many bacon and tomato sandwiches we can eat. By the end of the summer, tomatoes are ripening faster than we can eat them and we’re scrambling for fresh tomato recipes.
I’ve canned my tomatoes in the past. Last summer, The Husband and I made at least two dozen pints of homemade spaghetti sauce. And there were LOTS AND LOTS of bacon and tomato sandwiches.
If you find yourself in a situation with more tomatoes than you can eat, check out some of these delicious fresh tomato recipes.
- Bacon, Tomato and Basil Crostini
- Fried Green Tomatoes
- Loaded Avocado Toast with Thyme, Tomatoes and Ricotta from A Side of Sweet
- Savory Corn and Green Tomato Cakes from Syrup & Biscuits
- Bacon and Boursin Stuffed Tomatoes from Erica’s Recipes
- Whipped Feta and Tomato Bagel from Supper in the Suburbs
- Grilled Goat Cheese Bruschetta from Savor with Jennifer
- Chicken Stuffed Tomato Bites from Binky’s Culinary Carnival
- Russian Grandma’s Pickled Tomatoes from Happy Kitchen.Rocks
- Spicy Tomato Juice from Veggie Inspired
- Roasted Hatch Chile Spicy Bloody Mary Mix from Delicious Table
- Garden Fresh Salsa
- Homemade Spaghetti Sauce
- Tomato Jam with Caramelized Onions and Bacon from My Life Cookbook
- How to Make Oven Dried Tomatoes from The Pretty Bee
- Tomato and Chili Jam from Krumpli
- Roasted Chicken Thighs with Fennel and Tomatoes
- Tomato and Cheese Pie
- Easy Poached Salmon Fillets in Tomato Wine Sauce from Killing Thyme
- Cheesy Tomato Biscuit Casserole from 4 Sons R’ Us
- Easy Classic Southern Tomato Pie from Grits and Pinecones
- Moroccan Eggs in Tomato Sauce from The Delicious Crescent
- Caprese Grilled Fish from Two Healthy Kitchens
- BLT Wedge Salads
- Cucumber Tomato Salad with Tequila Lime Vinaigrette
- Tomato Basil and Mozzarella Salad
- Tomato Corn And Basil Salad from The Farm Girl Gabs
- Healthy Greek Chickpea Salad by Kim’s Cravings
- Tomato Basil Soup
- Corn and Tomato Basil Soup
- Summer Vegetable Soup from The Seasoned Mom
- Roasted Tomato & Red Pepper Soup from The Veg Space
What a great collection of summer tomato recipes! I will have so many in another month, I will probably need them all! Thank you for including my Tomato Bites!
Thank you for including our Savory Corn and Green Tomato Cakes in this great round up.
You’re welcome, Jennifer. It looks like a delicious recipe!
This collection is fantastic! I needed these ideas for my surplus tomatoes. Thanks for including my Grilled Goat Cheese Bruschetta:)