Paprika chicken is a one skillet meal ready in less than 30 minutes! Chicken breasts are coated with seasoned flour, browned, then simmered in a rich gravy.
Y’all, I am officially a soccer mom.
Okay, so I don’t drive a minivan and my kid doesn’t play soccer. But more than one afternoon a week I’m driving big brother to some afterschool activity, or the library, or to meet a friend for a playdate. I hear it gets worse as they get older. Sheesh . . .
Of course, by the time we make it home everyone is starving. Little Brother tends to be the most vocal about it. As soon as we walk in the door he starts in with, “Eat! Eat!” Apparently, I possess a magic wand somewhere that produces a hot meal out of thin air. Have you seen my wand? I’ve obviously misplaced it.
There are bathtimes, storytimes, toys that need to be picked up and put away. All this has to happen before 7 p.m. so there is time to watch an episode of Scooby-Doo before bed. You get the picture. I’m sure my evenings sound no different than yours. There is zero time for fussy meals that require a lot of prep and an hour to cook.
That’s why I LOVE this paprika chicken recipe. It’s been in my recipe arsenal since way before kids were a glint in my eye. But it has adapted itself well for my lifestyle now. Everything cooks in one pan – less dishes! It requires only a few ingredients – less shopping! And it cooks in less than 30 minutes – less “Eat! Eat!” ringing in my ears!
Paprika chicken is a simple recipe, but it packs a lot of flavor. The gravy is what makes the dish. Just be shy, just pour that goodness right on over the top. Try this recipe out the next time you’re in a hurry to get dinner on the table. You’ll be glad you did.
Paprika Chicken with Sour Cream Gravy
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons paprika
- 1 teaspoon each salt ground pepper, garlic powder
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter
- 1 (10.5 oz.) can oz. cream of chicken soup
- 1/4 cup sliced green onions
- 1 (8 oz. ) carton sour cream
- Combine flour and seasonings in a large resealable plastic bag. Add chicken and toss to coat evenly.
- Melt butter in a large skillet over medium high heat. Add chicken and cook until browned. Flip and brown the other side. Remove chicken from skillet and set aside.
- Add soup and green onions to the pan. Stir in sour cream. Return the chicken to the pan. Bring the mixture to a boil, then reduce heat to low. Cover and cook for 10 minutes until chicken juices run clear.