Beware of this dip.
It has been known to magically disappear somewhere between the beginning of the first quarter and half time.
Okay, so maybe it’s not magic. Maybe it’s because it’s so addictive that you won’t realize you’ve eaten three-fourths of the bowl until Destiny’s Child breaks out into “Survivor” during the halftime show.
This dip is yummy like traditional spinach-artichoke dip. However, instead of spinach I used broccoli. I’m not saying that makes this any healthier, because it’s still loaded with three different types of cheese. But it does give it a different flavor.
This dip is great for a party because it is easy to assemble and can be made a couple days in advance and stored in the refrigerator. Serve with pita, crostini, or any thick cracker or chip.
- ½ cup Parmesan cheese
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 (10 ounce) package frozen chopped broccoli, thawed and drained
- 1 (14 ounce) can artichoke hearts, drained
- 1 (8 ounce) container soft garlic-chive cream cheese
- 2 large eggs
- 1-1/2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese, divided
- Red pepper flakes, to taste
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Mix first five ingredients in the bowl of a food processor. Pulse until broccoli and artichoke hearts are coarsely chopped and evenly mixed with the cheese.
- Add eggs and continue to mix until eggs are well-incorporated.
- Transfer mixture to a medium mixing bowl Mix in 1 cup of the mozzarella and red pepper flakes, if desired.
- Transfer mixture to an 8 x 8 x 2 inch baking dish. Sprinkle remaining mozzarella cheese over the top.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes until dip is hot and bubbly and the top starts to turn golden brown.