Last updated on May 24th, 2023
Savory bacon mushroom quesadillas are filled with caramelized onions, bacon, mushrooms, barbecue sauce and melted Swiss cheese.
I’m kinda of the opinion that anything sandwiched between two flour tortillas is bound to be good. These barbecue bacon mushroom quesadillas hold true to that theory.
Meaty mushrooms, salty bacon, sweet red onions and melty Swiss cheese. See what I mean?
If you’re making these for a crowd, go ahead and prepare your caramelized onions and filling the day before to save time. Just be sure to reheat the filling slighty before you assemble the quesadillas.
These are perfect when served alongside your favorite barbecue sauce for dipping.
Barbecue Bacon Mushroom Quesadillas
- 5 strips uncooked bacon coarsely chopped
- 8 oz. baby bella cremini mushrooms, coarsely chopped
- 1 small red onion diced
- ¼ cup barbecue sauce
- 1 cup shredded Swiss cheese
- 4 8-inch flour tortillas
- Cook bacon in a large skillet over medium heat until browned and crisp. Using a slotted spoon, remove bacon to a plate and set aside. Reserve drippings.
- Add mushrooms and onions. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Saute, stirring frequently, onions are tender and mushrooms are soft, about 7-10 minutes.
- Add bacon back to the skillet. Pour in barbecue sauce and stir until mixture is coated with the sauce and heated through.
- Heat a separate 10-inch skillet over medium heat. Spread half of bacon mushroom mixture over one tortilla. Sprinkle with half of the cheese. Top with a second tortilla.
- Heat quesadilla until tortillas are browned and cheese is melted, about 5-7 minutes, turning once during cooking.