Bacon Cheddar Muffins
These bite sized savory cheese and bacon muffins are packed with flavor. Perfect for breakfast, brunch, or snacking in between.
Servings 4 dozen
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 2 cups shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 2-3 slices cooked bacon chopped (or 1-2.5 ounce bag of store-bought real bacon bits)
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh chives
- 1/8 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 cup 2 sticks unsalted butter, melted
- 1 cup 8 oz. sour cream
- 1/2 cup milk
Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
In a large mixing bowl, combine flour, baking powder, cheese, bacon, chives, salt and pepper.
In a separate bowl, combine melted butter, sour cream, and milk.
Combine wet ingredients with dry ingredients. Batter will be thick.
Spoon batter into a greased mini muffin pan.
Bake for 15-20 minutes until muffins are golden and a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean.
Serving: 1muffin | Calories: 17kcal | Carbohydrates: 1g | Protein: 1g | Fat: 1g | Saturated Fat: 0.7g | Monounsaturated Fat: 0.3g | Cholesterol: 3.6mg | Sodium: 17mg | Potassium: 9mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 3g | Vitamin A: 35IU | Vitamin C: 0.6mg | Calcium: 10mg