Cranberry Spiced Apple Cider
Servings 10 people
- 1 bottle 64 ounces cranberry juice
- 6 cups apple cider
- 2 cans 12 ounces each frozen orange concentrate, thawed
- 1 medium orange cut into slices
- 4 cinnamon sticks 3 inches
- 2 teaspoons whole cloves
- 1 teaspoon ground allspice
- Whole cranberries for garnish optional
In a large stockpot, combine cranberry juice, apple cider, orange juice concentrate and oranges.
Place cinnamon sticks, cloves and allspice inside the pot.
Bring to a boil, then simmer, covered, on for 30 minutes to one hour.
Strain and discard the orange slices, cinnamon sticks and whole cloves before serving.
Serve hot or cold.
Slow cooker instructions: Add all ingredients to a six-quart slow cooker. Cook on low for two hours. Strain and discard orange slices and spices before serving.
Leftover apple cider can be stored in the refrigerator for up to four days. It can be frozen for up to three months.
Serving: 8ounces | Calories: 165kcal | Carbohydrates: 43g | Sodium: 25mg | Sugar: 1g