Easy Turkey Tetrazzini
Easy turkey tetrazzini recipe is a great way to use up Thanksgiving leftovers. Rich and creamy sauce and topped with buttery breadcrumb topping.
Prep Time 7 minutes
Cook Time 35 minutes
Total Time 42 minutes
- 1 package 12 ounces spaghetti
- 2 medium onions chopped
- 9 tablespoons butter divided
- 1 pound sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1 large sweet red pepper chopped
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 6 cups whole milk
- 1 tablespoon chicken bouillon granules
- 6 cups cubed cooked turkey breast
- 1 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 - 3/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1-1/2 cups panko bread crumbs
Cook spaghetti according to package directions.
Meanwhile, in a large stock pot, melt six tablespoons butter over medium high heat. Add onions and sauté until tender. Add mushrooms and red pepper. Sauté 4-5 minutes longer or until vegetables are tender.
Stir in flour and salt until blended. Gradually whisk in milk and bouillon. Bring to a simmer stir for 2 minutes or until thickened.
Stir in turkey, cheese and cayenne pepper; heat through. Season with salt to taste. Remove from the heat.
Drain spaghetti. Add to turkey mixture and mix well. Transfer to one 9-in. x 13-in. x 2-in. greased baking dish or two 8-in. x 8-in. greased baking dishes.
Melt remaining butter. Toss with bread crumbs and sprinkle over casseroles.
Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 30-35 minutes or until heated through and breadcrumbs are golden brown.