Tiramisu Chocolate Trifle with Coffee Caramel Ganache
Decadent tiramisu chocolate trifle layers soft ladyfingers with sweetened mascapone cheese and drizzled with a rich coffee caramel ganache.
Servings 4 people
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons water
- 2 tablespoons light corn syrup
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 cup milk chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 1/4 teaspoon instant coffee granules divided
- 3/4 cup heavy cream
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 8 ounces mascarpone cheese or whipped cream cheese softened
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 tablespoons marsala wine
- 1/2 teaspoon instant coffee granules
- 1 package 7 oz. ladyfinger cookies, torn into bite-sized pieces
- 1/4 cup pine nuts – toasted
- Whipped cream optional
In a medium bowl, combine milk chocolate and semisweet chips with 1/4 teaspoon of coffee granules. Set aside.
In a medium saucepan, combine sugar, water, corn syrup and kosher salt. Heat mixture until sugar dissolves, about 3-5 minutes. Increase the heat to medium high. Boil mixture, stirring frequently, until it turns to a dark amber color, about six minutes total.
Whisk cream and butter into caramel (don’t be alarmed as it will bubble rapidly) until butter is melted and mixture returns to a boil.
Pour caramel over chocolate mixture and do not stir. Let sit for one minute. Whisk in vanilla. Allow ganache to cool to room temperature, stirring occasionally.
In the meantime, whisk mascarpone or cream cheese, sugar, Marsala, and instant coffee in a bowl until smooth.
In a trifle dish or tall glass, layer ganache, cheese, ladyfingers, and pine nuts. Repeat layering, then drizzle with additional ganache and a dollop of whipped cream.