Asian Noodle Salad
This Asian noodle salad is packed with fresh veggies and seasoned with an light Asian-inspired dressing. Serve hot or cold, it's perfect for a picnic.
Servings 4 people
- 1 pound 16 oz. spaghetti
- 1 12oz bag frozen edamame
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- 2 tablespoons grated fresh ginger or 1/2 tsp. ground ginger
- 2 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 1 teaspoon vegetable or canola oil
- 1 large red bell pepper sliced into thin strips then cut into 2-inch pieces
- 1 large cucumber peeled, seeded and sliced into thin strips then cut into 2-inch pieces
- 1 cup matchstick carrots
- 1/2 cup chopped green onions
- 1/2 cup chopped cilantro
- 1/2 cup lightly salted roasted peanuts
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breasts, cooked and diced
Cook spaghetti according to package directions.
Prepare edamame according to package directions. Allow edamame to cool.
In the meantime, combine soy sauce, garlic, ginger, vinegar, sesame oil, and vegetable oil in a medium mixing bowl. Set aside.
Drain pasta once it is al dente. Toss pasta with vegetables, cilantro, edamame, peanuts, and chicken.
Pour dressing over salad right before serving. Toss to coat evenly.
Salad can be served warm or cold.