Cucumber Tea Sandwiches
Cucumber tea sandwiches are a classic, elegant appetizer Cream cheese, herbs and bacon bits are layered between soft white bread.
Servings 2 dozen
- 1 (8 ounce) package of cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup sour cream
- zest of one lemon
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 3 tablespoons minced fresh dill weed
- 2 tablespoons fresh Chives
- 1 clove finely minced or pressed garlic
- 3 tablespoons grated seedless cucumber
- 1/4 cup bacon bits plus more for garnish
- One loaf about 20-24 slices white bread
- 18 thinly sliced cucumber rounds
- Additional fresh dill weed for garnish
- Salt and pepper to taste
Combine softened cream cheese, sour cream, lemon zest, lemon juice, dill weed, chives, garlic, grated cucumber and bacon bits in a medium mixing bowl. Stir everything together until the ingredients are evenly combined.
Using a 5-inch cookie cutter, cut two rounds from each slice of bread. Spread an ample amount of the cream cheese mixture on one side of a bread round. Top with another bread round.
You can serve the cucumber tea sandwiches as is. But it you wanted to jazz them up a bit, pipe a small dot of the filling on the top of each sandwich. Place one cucumber slice over the top.
Pipe an additional dot of filling on the top of each cucumber slice. Top each sandwich with a small frond of dill weed and a sprinkling of chopped bacon bits.
Serving: 1sandwich | Calories: 143kcal | Carbohydrates: 16g | Protein: 4g | Fat: 6.2g | Saturated Fat: 3.4g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 0.4g | Monounsaturated Fat: 1.8g | Cholesterol: 16mg | Sodium: 255mg | Potassium: 127mg | Fiber: 2.2g | Sugar: 0.6g | Vitamin A: 240IU | Vitamin C: 2.1mg | Calcium: 40mg | Iron: 1.2mg