Asian Pork Kebabs
Asian pork kebabs are glazed in hoisin sauce, chili garlic sauce, honey, and rice vinegar then skewered and grilled for a unique flavor.
Servings 4 people
- 1 8 oz. jar hoisin sauce
- ¼ - ½ cup chili garlic sauce add more or less depending on your heat tolerance
- ¼ cup of honey
- ¼ cup rice wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons sesame oil
- 2 pounds pork loin trimmed and cut into 1 ½ inch cubes
- 10 ounces fresh pineapple chunks
- 1 red bell pepper cut into 1 ½ inch pieces
- 1 yellow or orange bell pepper cut into 1 ½ inch pieces
- 1 small purple onion cut into 1 ½ inch wedges
Whisk together the hoisin sauce, chili garlic sauce, honey, rice vinegar and sesame oil in a medium bowl. Set ¼ cup of the marinade aside for basting.
Add the pork loin to the marinade. Stir to coat. Marinate in the refrigerator for at least two hours or up to eight hours.
If using wood skewers, be sure to soak them in water 30 minutes before cooking.
Preheat a grill to medium-high or preheat your broiler.
Thread meat, vegetables, and pineapple onto skewers. Discard any remaining marinade in the bowl.
Grill or boil for seven minutes. Turn the kebabs over and baste with the reserved marinade. Grill or broil for an additional seven minutes.