Crock Pot Chicken Cacciatore
Crock pot chicken cacciatore features chicken thighs slowly simmered with red bell peppers, meaty mushrooms, and juicy diced tomatoes.
Servings 4 people
- 4 chicken quarters skin on
- 1 - 2 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 medium onion thinly sliced
- 1 red bell pepper coursely chopped
- 1/2 lb. white button mushrooms sliced
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1/2 cup dry vermouth, white wine or chicken broth
- 1 (14.5 oz. ) can diced tomatoes
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano or 3-4 sprigs fresh oregano
- 1/4 - 1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1/4 teaspoons salt
Season chicken quarters with salt and pepper.
In a large saute pan, heat olive oil over medium high heat. Brown chicken on both sides in hot oil for about 8-10 minutes.
Meanwhile, add remaining ingredients to slow cooker.
Arrange chicken quarters over mixture. Cook on high for 4 hours or low for 8 hours.