Turkey Pumpkin Chili
Easy turkey pumpkin chili is perfect for Fall! Black beans and Rotel tomatoes give it a Southwestern kick. A rich and tasty cold weather meal.
Servings 6 people
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 large onion chopped
- 1 medium yellow bell pepper chopped
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- 1 ½ teaspoons chili powder
- 1 ½ teaspoons ground cumin
- 1 ½ teaspoons dried oregano leaves
- 3 cups beef broth
- 2 cans 15 oz. black beans, drained and rinsed
- 2 ½ cups cooked turkey meat shredded, or 2 cups cooked ground turkey meat
- 1 can 15 oz. pumpkin
- 1 can 14.5 oz. hot tomatoes with green chilies, undrained
- 1/2 cup dry sherry
- ¾ teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper
- Shredded cheddar cheese optional
Heat oil in a large stock pot over medium high heat.
Add onion, bell pepper, and garlic. Cook until tender, about 8 minutes.
Stir in chili powder, cumin, and oregano.
Add all remaining ingredients except cheese. Stir well and bring to a boil.
Reduce heat to low. Simmer for 45 minutes to 1 hour, stirring occasionally.
Top with shredded cheddar if desired.