Strawberry Blueberry Sauce
Fresh berries are pureed into a sweet and tangy strawberry blueberry sauce perfect for drizzling over ice cream, pancakes, waffles or your favorite treat.
Servings 2 cups
- 1 pint (2 cups) fresh blueberries
- 1 pint (2 cups) fresh strawberries, trimmed and halved
- 1 ¼ cups granulated sugar
- 1 ¼ tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
Puree berries in a blender or food processor. Strain through a fine mesh sieve. This should produce 1 ½ - 2 cups of berry juice.
Pour berry juice in a small saucepan. Combine sugar, lemon juice, and salt and stir into berry juice. Bring to a boil, then reduce to a simmer and cook for four minutes.
Remove from heat. Stir in butter and vanilla. Sauce will thicken as it cools.