Italian Sausage Stuffed Zucchini Boats
Stuffed zucchini boats are filled with Italian sausage and tomato sause, then topped with mozzarella cheese for a quick, low carb weeknight meal.
Servings 4 people
- 3 medium sized zucchini halved lengthwise, insides scooped out with a spoon, leaving about a 1/4-inch boarder
- 1 ½ tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil plus extra for brushing on the zucchini
- Salt &pepper
- 1/2 lb. bulk Italian sausage casings removed
- 2 garlic cloves minced
- 1 cup pasta sauce
- 8 oz. fresh mozzarella cheese shredded
- 1/4 c. grated Parmesan cheese
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Brush hollowed zucchini generously with olive oil. Season with salt and pepper. Bake for about 20 minutes, or until the zucchini is tender.
In the meantime, cook the Italian sausage, breaking pieces up with a spoon, until sausage is no longer pink. Add the garlic and cook until garlic is fragrant, about 30 seconds. Stir in pasta sauce.
Fill each zucchini boat with equal amounts of the sausage mixture. Top with mozzarella and Parmesan. Return to the oven and bake until cheese is melted and gooey, about 5-10 minutes.