Reuben Po' Boys
A Southern spin on reuben sandwiches. Swiss cheese and corned beef is toasted on French bread, then layered with a vinegar-based slaw and special sauce.
For the slaw:
- 1 ½ cups shredded cabbage I used bagged angel hair coleslaw
- ¼ cup plus 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup white vinegar
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon celery seed
- 1 teaspoon dry mustard
For the sandwiches:
- 2 French bread loaves cut into approximately 6-inch long pieces
- 4 slices Swiss cheese
- ¾ pound to 1 pound leftover corned beef or thinly sliced deli meat
- 4 tablespoons comeback sauce
In a resealable container, combine the slaw ingredients. Cover and refrigerate for at least 8 hours, preferably overnight.
Slice pre-cut French bread loaves in half. Layer one slice of Swiss cheese on the bottom of each bun. Divide corned beef equally between each sandwich. Toast sandwiches until corned beef is heated through and cheese is melted, if desired.
Pile cole slaw over the top of each sandwich. Drizzle with comeback sauce.