Bacon and Black Eyed Pea Hummus
Hummus gets a Southern spin in this black eyed pea hummus seasoned with crispy bacon and cumin. Perfect for dipping pita, chips, or vegetables
Servings 4 -6
- 3 strips of bacon cooked and chopped
- 2 cans 15 oz. each black-eyed peas, rinsed and drained
- 1 small garlic clove minced
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon tahini
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- Salt and ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika
- Fresh cilantro for garnish
- Pita bread sliced into wedges
Combine bacon, black-eyed peas, garlic, water, lemon juice, tahini, and cumin in a blender or food processor. Process until mixture reaches a smooth consistency.
Season with salt and pepper.
Transfer hummus to a small serving bowl. Drizzle olive oil over the top. Sprinkle with paprika and garnish with fresh cilantro
Serve with pita wedges or fresh crudité.