Roasted Corn Salad with Honey Lime Dressing
Roasted corn salad is like a rainbow in a bowl. Roasted corn, cherry tomatoes, sliced avocado and purple onion are tossed in a light cilantro lime dressing.
Servings 4 people
- 5 ears fresh corn in the husk
- 1/2 of a small red onion finely chopped
- 1 small cucumber seeded & finely chopped
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes halved
- 2 tablespoon chopped fresh cilantro
- Juice of 1 lime plus 1 tablespoon
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2 teaspoons honey
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 1 avocado diced into ½ inch pieces
Preheat an oven to 350 degrees. Place the corn in the oven, in the husk. Roast until husks start to char and the corn is tender inside, about 20 minutes. Corn can also be cooked on the grill in the same manner. Remove corn from the oven and allow to cool. Remove husks. Using a sharp knife, slice the kernels from the cob.
Place kernels in a large mixing bowl. Add the cucumber, cherry tomatoes and cilantro.
In a liquid measuring cup, combine lime juice, olive oil, honey, cumin, salt and pepper. Stir until salt is dissolved. Pour the dressing over the salad. Stir to combine. Salad is best when allowed to chill for several hours before serving.
Just before serving, toss the avocado in the remaining lime juice. Gently fold the avocado into the salad.