Ham and Egg Hash with Potatoes
Ham and egg hash is a perfect quick meal or hearty breakfast. Toss diced ham with roasted bell peppers and potatoes, then top with cheese and a fried egg.
Servings 4 people
- 4-5 large red skinned potatoes diced
- 1 large red bell pepper diced
- 1 large yellow bell pepper diced
- 2 tablespoon olive oil
- 2-3 tablespoons Cajun seasoning*
- 4 cups cooked diced leftover ham
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese optional
- 4 whole eggs optional
- 2 green onions sliced
Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
Arrange potatoes and bell peppers in a single layer on a baking sheet
Drizzle with olive oil and stir to coat.
Sprinkle vegetables with the Cajun seasoning. Stir again to coat.
Roast vegetables in the oven for 20 minutes or until the potatoes are tender.
Stir in the ham and cook an additional 5 minutes until ham is heated through.
You can serve the hash as-is at this point, or you can spoon the hash into an oven safe skillet, top with the cheese and 3-4 eggs, and broil until the eggs are set.
Sprinkle with sliced green onions.