Adapted from Ellie Krieger
Cook Time 10 minutes
Total Time 10 minutes
- 1 slice fresh whole-wheat bread pulsed into crumbs
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan
- 1/2 cup finely grated carrot
- 1/2 cup finely chopped onion
- 2 large cloves garlic minced
- 1 tablespoon dried parsley
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme leaves
- 1 egg lightly beaten
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 1 pound ground venison or turkey meat
Preheat broiler. Combine all ingredients except the turkey meat into a large work bowl.
Once the ingredients are well-mixed, add turkey meat. Using your hands, combine ingredients.
Form meatballs into 2-1/2 inch balls (a cookie dough scoop works well).
Place meatballs on a greased cookie sheet. Broil for 10 minutes until meatballs and brown and no longer pink in the center.
Makes about 20-24 meatballs