Tomato, Basil, and Mozzarella Salad
Fresh diced tomatoes, mozzarella, and seasoned croutons make a nice summer meal in this recipe for Tomato, Basil, and Mozzarella Salad.
Servings 8 people
- 2 cups day old bread cubed
- ½ cup plus two tablespoons extra virgin olive oil divided
- 2 teaspoons salt divided
- 2 teaspoons Italian seasoning
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- 1 pound cherry tomatoes
- 1 pound ciliegine small fresh mozzarella balls
- 1 ½ cups basil leaves torn
To Make the Croutons:
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spread bread cubes out on a baking sheet. Drizzle with two tablespoons of olive oil.
Sprinkle with one teaspoon of salt and the Italian seasoning. Toss to coat. Bake for 5-10 minutes until croutons are slightly golden and crispy. Allow the croutons to cool.
Assemble the Salad:
Meanwhile, combine the remaining olive oil, salt, vinegar, and black pepper.
In a separate bowl, combine tomatoes, ciliegine, and basil.
Pour dressing over salad. Toss to combine.
Sprinkle with toasted croutons.