Delicious fettuccine recipe is dressed up with yummy sundried tomatoes, basil pesto, grilled chicken and freshly grated Parmesan cheese.
Every home cook at some point has one of these nights. Five o’clock is fast approaching and you have no idea what you’re going to put on the table for supper. On this particular day I thawed out some boneless, skinless chicken breasts thinking surely by the end of the day I could come up with something to do with them. Stir fry is always a good stand by, but we just had stir fry last week. I needed to think of something quick, or I might have a mutiny (is one person considered a mutiny?) on my hands.
I took a mental inventory of what I had at home – box of whole grain fettuccine in the pantry, a jar of sun-dried tomatoes, homemade pesto in the freezer (yes, you can freeze pesto). Sprinkle it all with some shredded Parmesan cheese and it could work.
When The Husband took a bite, he turned to me and said, “This is really good.”
“Oh, this?” I answered, nonchalantly waving my hand in the air. “It’s just something I threw together.”
Fettuccine with Sundried Tomatoes, Chicken, and Pesto
- 1 lb. uncooked fettuccine pasta
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 3 6 oz. boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut into bite-sized pieces
- 2 cloves minced garlic
- cup sun-dried tomatoes in oil coarsely chopped
- cup basil pesto
- Kosher salt and black pepper to taste
- Freshly shredded Parmesan cheese optional
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Cook fettuccine according to package directions.
- In the meantime, heat olive oil in a large sauté pan over medium heat.
- Add chicken and cook until chicken is no longer pink.
- Add garlic and cook until fragrant, about 30 seconds.
- Add cooked fettuccine, tomatoes, and pesto. Stir until ingredients are well-combined.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Serve with a sprinkling of Parmesan cheese, if desired.