Blackberry limeade recipe combines juicy blackberries, lime juice and sparkling wine for a tasty and refreshing spritzer cocktail.
There are certain cocktails out there that are more dangerous than others. You know the ones I’m talking about . . . they come in pretty colors and taste like fruit juice, masking the danger that lies beneath. They go down easy and before you realize it you’ve had
ten three. You wake up the next morning with a pounding headache and your memories from the night before are fuzzy at best.
These blackberry limeade spritzers are one of those cocktails. Technically you could leave the booze out, but what’s the fun in that? These are meant to be enjoyed over a glass full of ice with a lime wedge while watching the sun go down from the back porch.
You Might Also Like:
Blackberry Limeade Spritzers
- 1 cup sugar
- Peel from 1 lime
- 1/8 teaspoon nutmeg
- 4 cups fresh blackberries
- 1/2 cup lime juice
- 2 cups sparkling wine or ginger ale
- Combine sugar, lime peel, and nutmeg in a small saucepan. Add one cup of water, stir to combine, and bring to a boil over medium high heat. Reduce heat and simmer for 10 minutes until mixture becomes a simple syrup. Allow to cool.
- In the meantime, place the blackberries in a blender. Puree the berries, then pour the puree out into a fine mesh colander over a large bowl. Use the back of a spoon to help strain the juice from the pulp. A food mill also works well for this process. This should produce about one cup of blackberry juice. Discard pulp.
- In a large pitcher, combine simple syrup, blackberry juice, and sparkling wine or ginger ale. Mix well. Pour beverage over ice cubes and serve with lime wedges for garnish.