Half of October is gone and I just don’t think I can put it off any longer. It’s time to unleash the pumpkin recipes! I have several new recipes that I can’t wait to share with you. But until then, here are a few of my past faves in addition to some new ones I have found across the web.
Nutella-Filled Pumpkin Cupcakes – these were a hit at my company Halloween Party last year. Upon first bite, you think it’s just a spice cake cupcake with vanilla icing. Then you discover the secret surprise – a yummy nutella-filled center!
Olive Oil Pumpkin Bread – This bread was tasty. But now that I know the difference between pepitas and pumpkin seeds, I’ll be sure to use shelled pumpkin seeds next time around. (Unshelled seeds were a little chewy).
Pumpkin, Black Bean, and Turkey Chili – I make this recipe at least three or four times a year once the weather turns cold. You really can’t tell that you are eating pumpkin and it adds a nice, thick creamy texture to the base. One thing is for sure, I see a Throwback Thursday post for this in the near future because I HAVE GOT to redo that picture.
Chocolate Pumpkin Cake – This cake’s fun orange icing would make another great addition to a Halloween spread.
Pumpkin Bread with Golden Raisins and Hazelnuts – this is another yummy pumpkin quick bread. I love the chewy plump golden raisins and crunch hazelnuts combined with pumpkin spices.
And now for some link love! These are just a few delicious looking pumpkin recipes I have found while surfing the web:
- Pumpkin Pie Martini from Daydreamer Desserts. Coffee drinkers have their pumpkin spice lattes. Well, martini drinkers, now you have this. I think the idea of rimming the glass with crushed graham crackers is so clever.
- Pumpkin Mac and Cheese by my friend Emily from Emily Bites. I am crazy about using pumpkin in savory dishes. This mac and cheese gets me excited and Emily is nice enough to include the Weight Watcher point values.
- Pumpkin Cinnamon Rolls by Liv Life. I’m not a morning person, but I do love homemade cinnamon rolls. This might be enough to inspire me to get up early.
- Baked Pumpkin Spice Doughnut Holes by my friend Nikki from Pennies on a Platter. I love the pumpkin spice doughnuts that Krispy Kreme sells this time of year. Now I can save myself some money by making these at home!
- Harvest Pumpkin Soup from Sweet Pea’s Kitchen. I adore a rich, creamy pumpkin soup. I love the spices used in this recipe like cumin and coriander, not to mention topping everything off with bleu cheese crumbles!