For the first time in six years, The Husband and I will be childless for Valentine’s. It wasn’t planned, just luck of the draw. We are planning to have brunch at our favorite restaurant on Saturday and maybe tour a local vodka distillery that just opened downtown. But as far as plans for actual Valentine’s Day night, we’re not crazy enough to fight the crowds and over pay for a meal. We will be staying in.
We don’t have a definite menu in place, but it will definitely be something special we don’t often have because of certain picky eaters that normally reside in our house. If you will be staying in for Valentine’s Day, I pulled together a few of my favorite romantic dinner recipes.
Looking for MORE Valentine’s Day Dinner recipes? Check out a few romantic dishes from some of my favorite blogs.
- Surf and Turf for Two from Iowa Girl Eats. Because steak and seafood is always a winning combination.
- Seafood Gnocchi with White Wine Parmesan Sauce from Brown Sugar. Succulent shrimp and crabmeat, pillow soft gnocchi and creamy Parmesan sauce. There is no way this could be bad!
- Beef Tenderloin with Cognac Cream Sauce by Striped Spatula. The peppery crust and creamy sauce on this dish looks absolutely amazing.
- Chargrilled Oysters from Closet Cooking. Chargrilled oysters are absolutely the BEST, and you know what they about oysters . . .It is Valentine’s Day, after all.
- Heartbeet Soup from Mowielicious. Quite possibly the most gorgeous soup ever.